Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Raider CS-35 Drum Mag- Too Big?

I have been wondering about the Nerf Raider CS-35 drum magazine. A first glance it looks awesome. But take away the massive ammo capacity, and what our left with is a huge disadvantage on the weight, feel and manoeuvrability side of things. It makes the gun it is being used on very heavy. I know the Alpha Trooper 18 dart drum mag would fix the problem- but down under we can't get Alpha Trooper CS-18s. And I don't see why we should have to buy one gun to fix another. Don't bet me wrong- I love my Raider, but the drum mag kinda ruins it.

What annoys me is that the Raider had potential to be the best Nerf gun ever, but only if it was bottom loading. Now with the massive weight of the drum mag pulling the left side down I really can't get the point in it now. It should have been much better, and I reckon a direct plunger could have improved it as well. I think it works fine with other bottom loading guns, such as the Recon, which I have tried my friend's one of. With this I pose a question- what do you think of the Nerf 35 round drum magazine?

4 comments:

  1. I have a modded Recon CS-6, and the drum mag works great with it especially when you just have the stock on it and the barrel, and sight off. Whenever you get a chance, come on over and see my blog at www.jzwt.blogspot.com BTW... if you changed the text font, it would make it a lot easier to read.

    PS. Are you a lefty? because for me. the drum mag sits quite nicely on my left arm when I shoot it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, is it OK if i basically do this same post on my blog... It's not like I'm going to copy or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I'm not lefty. I'm going to check out your blog right now! Thank again for checking out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion, the drum mag is great to have. Accuracy really isnt what the raider is meant to be, and even though I have mine modified, the drum was always perfect. Large dart capacity, and it can double as a shield for you head!

    ReplyDelete