Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nerf Vortex Proton Review

I recently picked up a Vortex Proton to test out the Vortex lineup. I was certain that I was going to end up picking up more than just this anyway, but since it's the 'baby' blaster of the line, I thought it would be good intro of what to expect for the rest. I've since checked out and bought the rest of the Vortex line, and I found that I was just about right to think that.

The blaster itslef is very simple, with a basic 'snap-load' system to load the disks in the rear. Simply pull back the slide, drop in a disk, hit the release lever and pull the trigger to fire. I have found this system very good, and I can load the blaster rather fast with a little practise.

The ammo itself is extremely good. The blasters were critisised initially for lower projectile velocity, but I have rarely found this an issue. I still find it really easy To hit a moving (read: unsuspecting) target. This also means that I can maintain accuracy out to longer ranges, while keeping the blaster safe and fun for young people to use.



Ranges are around 55-60 feet, with the stock foam disks. There is very low modability for modders, with a simple spring relocation mod and lock removal about the only possible modifications.

The thing you all probably want to know is- does the Proton live up to the hype of the Vortex release? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment