Monday, December 6, 2010

Nerf Reflex IX-1 Modification



Since I got the Nerf Reflex IX-1, yesterday, I have been wanting to modify it. So Today I took the plunge into uncharted waters (at least for me, anyway) and discovered the great performance unlockable with only basic modding skills.

To start with, I removed all 10 screws from the blaster. They came out easily, and it took but a moment to rip open the shell. I was greeted with this sight:
The most simple of all Nerf reverse-plunger type set-ups. It then took me just a couple of minutes to drill out the air-restrictor and cover the breach hole with duct tape. If you remove the plunger,you can actually add a couple of layers of Teflon/ plumbers tape to improve the air seal.

The speed loader was almost as simple, with a couple of layers of duct tape and some hot glue bonding the 2 Crayola barrels together. And that's basically it. Mod done. This is not meant to serve as  a guide, but if your afraid of modding your Reflex, or are curious about how to mod it, I hope I helped!

1 comment:

  1. I might get the 6-pack of these for Christmas. I will definitely mod a few of them.

    ReplyDelete