Saturday, December 18, 2010

Nerf Longshot CS-6- Review

The Nerf N-Strike Longshot CS-6 has recently been re-released in a limited run in Australia. So I decided to pick one up. And I haven't looked back since!

The Longshot is a direct plunger, sniper rifle style blaster. It it is renowned for being one of the best blasters for stock range, and also being the most modify-able. The Longshot utilizes Nerf N-Strike clip functionality, offering supreme adaptability and quick reloads. This blaster is one of the most revered Nerf blasters.

This blaster offers exceptional range and accuracy, even when shooting stock streamline darts. The range is moderately consistent, with most of the shot group landing in a 5-10' radius. The Longshot will shoot an average of 30-40 feet with some shots dipping out just before. With a few modifications, the Longshot is the ultimate sniper weapon.

The Longshot is a very good looking blaster, with bold and angular lines everywhere. It has a great colour scheme. From a distance that is. On closer inspection, the paintjob is quite blotchy, with all many colours going over the lines, and mixing to make a dirty black colour. This could be significantly proved, but as far as the rest of the looks go, it's pretty good.

Personally, I find this blaster to be an excellent performer, and that's why I'm going to incorporate it into my loadout, for a long-range blaster. I know this bit is is going to make me seem  like Cacox97 (from Youtube) but here are the ranks.
Ranks:
Range: 9.4
Accuracy: 8.9
Looks: 6.2
Feel: 8.5
Overall: 8.25

1 comment:

  1. Good info on the longshot, very well thought out.

    P.S. (You don't need to read this if you don't want to, but...)
    Your nerf blog inspired me to make my own nerf blog, so I can post pictures of my guns, and do mod tutorials. Anyway, if you want to check it out, here's the URL: http://nedstictax.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete