Sunday, November 21, 2010

Introducing Nerf As a Hobby

I have a lot of friends that have Nerf N-Strike blasters. If they ask me how many I have and I say that I have how ever many I have at the time, they look at me as if I'm bonkers! If I ask them if they modify their blasters, most of them will ask me what it means. It is peculiar how many people have these blasters and have never looked into them to see how people modify and rate them. At first I found a Maverick at a toy store. I bought it and looked at other Nerf blasters on the Internet. I then found some mods and other things.

Nerf is not just a brand that is almost always used in the same sentence as fun, but it can also be called a hobby. For those who practise the modification processes outlined out by other Nerfers, they look at modifications as a way of expressing their own personal style in the colours and performance of their blasters. These modifiers can spend up to 8 hours on a single paint-job. It may sound daft to the people who aren't right into modifying their blasters, but the modification process is an art.

I happen to be one of these people who look at the box art of a new release and go- that has a reverse plunger, similar internals to a Recon and not much mod potential. But I am trying to think up some other ideas to persuade other friends into modifying their blasters and having big wars with them. To me a modified pistol round is the most fun out of any war.

I personally like to show my friends who look interested some of my blasters and then if they seem to like them, I invite them to have a war with me. I will always win of course, and I always show off the waesome fire-power of my modified blasters. Currently I have one friend that loves my blasters, and wants to get his own and another friend who already has some, one of which I modified for him.

Do you have some cool ways to persuade your friends into being Nerfers? If so feel free to post them below!

2 comments:

  1. Most of my friends are big Nerf fans. However, none of them want to modify their blasters. one of my friends thinks he's too good for mods (and he only has a stock Maverick, go figure), and another is afraid of damaging them, since they're technically his little brother's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally, I just let my friends use my Barricade (6.1V of power) and Magstrike. Those two are good enough to make people quite interested in my Nerf stuff.
    It's really easy though, sometimes, because the fun of shooting people with foam is just too good an opportunity to pass up.

    ReplyDelete