Wednesday, November 24, 2010

2010 Nerf Awards!



I have decided to make a segment each year on this blog, to highlight the best blasters of the year. Since this  blog has only been running for less than one year, this is a first for me. As I'm a purist, I only like Nerf branded products. Also, please understand that these award are based on are my opinions only, so please don't flame me if your's differ.

Best pistol of 2010
This year there was actually tough competition in the best pistol category. The previous best sidearm, the Maverick REV-6, had to compete with the new boys on the block, the Spectre and Barricade. All these blasters are excellent choices for sidearms. So did the Maverick, which was coming back to defend it's title win. Sadly, no. I believe that the best pistol of 2010 is the Barricade RV-10. It tops the Maverick in every way, dude to the fact that it has batter ranges, looks cool, is easily modable and it is semi-auto for intensely high rate of fire.

Best Rifle of 2010
Once again the competition was intense in this category, but with my previous favourite blaster, the Longshot, discontinued, I had to choose elsewhere. This meant I had to choose from new vs. old, which is rather difficult. But I have decided to go back to basics and choose the Raider. It has high rate of fire, and can hold 35 darts. It has been and always will be awesome!



Best Value for Money Blaster of 2010
All Nerf blasters are pretty good value, but one blaster stood out in being very good and also very cheap. If you have been following the Nerf new releases, you probably already knew I would pick the Alpha-Trooper CS-18. I love the idea of the 18-dart mini-drum and high rate of fire for such a low price! This is a great blaster!
Breakout Blaster of 2010
Ever since Nerf released the 9-9-10 project idea, people were speculating. And then people started to get hold of the breakout blaster of 2010. The Nerf N-Strike Stampede ECS! Awesome firepower and cool accessories and looks combine to make this a formidable force against all competitors. There is no more to say- this blaster is pure awesomeness!



So there you have it, the 2010 Nerf awards. The best of the best Nerf blasters from 2010!

2 comments:

  1. You should make a few more categories: best value melee (sword) best melee, and best breakout melee. (shield/dagger combo.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Barricade isn't necessarily "easy to mod". Aside from voltage increases, they don't have much potential.

    ReplyDelete