Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nerf vs Buzzbee- My Opinion

I didn't tell you guys, but recently I bough a Buzzbee Double Shot. And I must say that it was the biggest piece of junk I ever bought. Because of this it is currently on my workbench, in pieces, in no hope of ever being reassembled. So, why do I think this? See my answer below!

Firstly, it's performance was absolutely dismal compared to it's Nerf counterparts. It was lucky to shoot 15 feet and even that was a bit of a stretch. It also made such an unsatisfying sound when fired, sort of a twang, compared to a Nerf brand blaster, which makes a nice solid thud. But for the worst performance aspect, I have to give this blaster the title for the worst darts ever. That's right, out of all the darts available on the market, I would have to rate these stone dead last. On first inspection, they look like the foam is more dense and of better quality, but that just makes them heavy, which limits range. And they still get torn up the same.

It also had just about the scrappiest paint job I have ever seen on a toy blaster. It looked like Buzzbee had given some apes a computer, and told them to use the fill bucket on Microsoft paint to try and colour the blaster. Then they must of said: "Ah, the kiddies will like it now because it is colourful". But if you keep on using that formula, it would be a good idea to make toy cars colourful, but if you painted them the same shades as this, young children would just be repulsed. It just looks dim and dull, and looks a bit like it's come out of the 70's. And brings us to what you should do if they see this blaster in a store. Run. Like hell!

Well, you may ask, are all Buzzbee blasters like this. Well I'm certainly not willing to waste my money and effort to find out. In my opinion it's Nerf or Nothing!

3 comments:

  1. Um...not all Buzz Bee blasters are terrible. I have a Belt Blaster, and it hits 6-8m flat. The shells are terrible though, I've broken the links on 3 of them :(
    I also bought a Big Blast (2nd gen) and it's not very practical, but so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're a modder, you'll find that Buzz Bee blasters are often on par with Nerf. Other than that, most are not comparable. You should have looked at some basic mods on the net before scrapping yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Keegan I really couldn't be bothered with a blaster that was hopeless stock, and that even with good ranges, I wouldn't be using in battle.

    ReplyDelete