Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nerf Film Canister Grenade

To anyone who may check back here regularly, I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately! I have been thinking about making some easy homemade Nerf war accessories. One that came to mind instantly was a spring powered grenade. And sure enough, a quick Google search revealed a host of options. Since I have a spare film canister lying around, I found some nice ideas on Youtube. One I found particularly good was by FrappicinoINC. He has made a whole launcher for them! I haven't found a spring good enough for the job yet, but my Dad will get me a spring powered toilet roll holder for me to shatter the spring out of. A friend has given my some darts his Recon CS-6 shredded, so I cut them down and they work great! I then got an old piece of membership card and cut a circle 35mm in diameter ( the width of the film canister). All I need is a spring. A bonus is the middle straps on the Bandolier (between the clips) hold one each. This is going to be a blast to use. Stay tuned for a proper look when I make it!

2 comments: